Monday, April 26, 2010

new york, new york!

No word of a lie, you can ask my friend who travelled with me to New York City this weekend: I had Frank Sinatra's song stuck in my head the WHOLE time. But even though it was annoying at times, it sure provided a nice soundtrack for all the inspiring things we saw there! Here are a few of my favourite pics; just little NYC tidbits that tickled my soul!

Central park - so pretty:


And the wisteria in Central Park, oh my...


Exactly what you'd expect in NYC - a fleet of cabs:

In the Financial District, the buildings are so tall, but so immaculately designed and ornate. They don't make them like this anymore do they?


In Greenwich Village, my fav place of all, Aliya pointed out that all the buildings had the old fire escapes like you see in movies all the time. I realized that I have an affinity for fire escapes. I felt like I couldn't stop staring at them...

Look familiar? Yep, we ate there, just like Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine! It's not the same inside though...darn!

Aliya spotted this building and pointed out how pretty the blue was on the building. It was really hard to get in a picture how pretty it was. It had dark turquoise blue behind the columns which made them stand out even more. They just needed red hanging baskets!

At City Hall I noticed the lamp posts were actually lit with a real flame - no lightbulb! Cool...

There were tulips everywhere! Even though these were on their way out, the colours were so pretty against the rest of the concrete jungle...

No comments: