Monday, December 7, 2009

holiday table decor by david stark


I like the different sized bottles all wrapped in twine - so earthy.{from real simple}

close up. yum. love the block wood charger plates. {from real simple also}

the original pic that inspired me to dig a bit deeper from the people mag! this is more thanksgiving-oriented with the punkies, but love the twine-y bottles again with the simple branches. And look at the birch tree charger plates he uses here. AMAZING.


more twine-y holiday decor at west elm from david stark


hee. pointy.

neat adaptation on an earthy christmas tree! maybe a good compromise for those mixed religion households...
hee again. so cute! i love this for a mantel or something!

I was reading the people magazine a few weeks ago, and I saw a table design that caught my attention. These cute twine covered bottles with simple stems in them. It was sweet and very earthly looking. It was apparently created by eco-friendly designer David Stark, whom I just heard about from this article. And apparently, he's designed some holiday stuff for West Elm this season too - the exact twine-y bottles and other twine-y decor. YAY! And upon more research, I found out some other pretty tables he has done. I just love his look. Especially for this holidays. Definitely no Santa Ringlets here.

1 comment:

mon bibi said...

this is so lovely and so inspiring!