Thursday, October 22, 2009

pro athletes wear pink for breast cancer!


I know it is kind of old news but I'm still tickled pink {hardy har har} about all the pro-athletes wearing pink accents for a game in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In fact, I read that Chad Ochocinco of the Bengals vowed to continue wearing the pink items for the whole month and when he gets a fine for being “out of uniform” he is going to match the fine with a donation to a breast cancer charity! What a sweetie!

I started looking around and found some pictures of various teams that have been involved. Apparently Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment had a Pink Ribbon Weekend on October 10th including the Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Marlies and the Toronto Football Club. I couldn't find many pictures though. But here is what I did find:

John Daly wore pink pants for Phil Mickelson's wife Amy !


Chad Ochochino in his pinks!


Toronto Football Club in pink...cute!


The MLB has pink bats on Mother's Day to bring awareness to breast cancer.

I love this idea...I know it isn't new but I sure do love it. What a great way to bring awareness to a whole new demographic.

No comments: