Tuesday, June 30, 2009

what?! event inspiration from gilmour girls?!

I really have never been much of a fan of the Gilmour Girls. I know people really really overly love the show but I could never quite get into it. BUT...and there are always exceptions...I did see it this one time and they had the most amazingly beautiful event idea. I've often thought of it since and so I decided to see if I could find anything on it. I'm not entirely sure what was going on but Rory went with her boyfriend to this secret society Yale party in the woods where everyone slept in these beautiful, old-fashioned, white canvas tents and people carried lanterns, wore old-fashioned white clothes and there was fresh fruit everywhere and wood furniture. I thought my what an amazing idea for cottage weekend wedding Melanie Bloomer...I digress...don't get any ideas...Melanie Bloomer isn't planning a wedding!

It was a beautiful idea and I've managed to find a few pictures {thanks to Gilmore Girls News} of this particular episode. I can't quite find any pictures that capture the amazingness of my memories though...I'm sure there were more lanterns and the old-fashioned clothes seemed more bloomery in my mind...but I am after all a Bloomer so that makes sense. I don't remember when they changed into these fancy clothes either. But anyways...it would still make for an awesome event in the woods!!

1 comment:

inBloom Event Design said...

pretty! I love the tents!!