Thursday, April 23, 2009

tasty little design treats

There is this marvy store on Queen Street called Commute Home. If you haven't checked it out you really really should. They take old, everyday things that you probably have in your garage and make them into the most amazing pieces of furniture. It always seems so obvious once I see it and I think "now why the heck didn't I think of that?!" And then I go home feeling kind of sorry for myself because their creativity puts me to shame.

The last time I went in they had hung three entwined black wires with those caged light bulbs you see in shady placesb. You know the kind you see in movie scenes with the mob? Well the way they were entwined and hung so low over a coffee table made it look like something you'd find in a posh lighting shop...but the joke is that it is just those caged light bulbs you never noticed in your mechanics garage!!

Here is the cool lighting fixture and plenty of other treats I found posted on their blog:

No comments: