Monday, March 2, 2009

mimosa mimosa mimosa!

Maybe if we say "mimosa" three times fast, we'll feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Apparently Pantone, the global colour authority, named PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa as the color of the year for 2009. They call it warm and engaging, and say that in a time of economic uncertainty and political change, optimism is paramount and no other color expresses hope and reassurance more than yellow. How lovely! Not only do I love the colour mimosa, and does it go with almost everything, but I actually also love the mimosa plant too. I've been filing some of my favourite mimosa wedding florals away, and decided to put them all together now, in honour of the new colour trend! Hallelujah mimosa - you've been waiting a long time for these honours!

I pulled this out of my Bride and Bloom magazine a long time ago, because I found this bouquet to be delightfully yummy!

Such a pretty vintage bouquet with mimosa in it {from Little Winter Bride}



Hello?! Mimosa coloured shoes with the black feather on it?! My feet would never be happier {pic from Little Winter Bride}


My favourite mimosa bouttoniere also - cut from Bride and Bloom a looong time ago too!


Ok, this is not mimosa the flower, but the colour's the same, and I thought this was a cool idea for a ceremony, rather than using expensive poms!

No comments: