Friday, February 6, 2009

purty table inspiration

Whenever I have friends over for dinner, I try my best to make my dining table look as pretty as possible. But table setting is a lot harder than it might seem...it really is an art! I always worry that nothing matches, or that everything matches too much, and I make a mental note that I need a new tablecloth, new serving plates, new, new new! I do realize that I'm a perfectionist, and I also know that having a dinner party doesn't necessarily need to be a fancy affair. But I just can't help the need in me to make everything look pretty {doesn't a meal just taste a lot better if it also looks good? Or perhaps subconsciously I'm trying to disguise my sub-par cooking skills?}. So I have found a bunch of tabletops that have provided me with some inspiration...they all are fairly simple and non-stuffy, and don't necessarily require an onslaught of new stuff, although maybe a bit of craftiness. Hopefully they inspire you too! Have a wonderful weekend...

from Blueprint magazine {may it RIP}

from Quick and Easy Decorating by Better Homes and Gardens

from Home Base Collections

From Real Simple magazine

from Canadian House and Home magazine

{unsure of the source of this pic unfortunately}

from Martha Stewart {love the painted cans used as vases!}

No comments: